This large format 100 watt laser cutter has an effective cutting area of 1227mm x 2422mm and cuts a maximum thickness of 12mm. The size of the machine means we can cut multiple smaller parts from larger material, reducing set up time and material preparation costs.
It is effective on most plastics (apart from PVC), textiles, timber and board products and paper, but is not suitable for metal, glass or reflective materials.
We can cut or engrave fine or intricate patterns directly from any vector based drawing file such as an Illustrator file (.ai) or a Digital Exchange Format file (.dxf). If you can not provide a file we can create one from a line drawing. We can also use .jpeg images and convert them to a grey scale image that can be etched onto a material.
The laser also has a camera which can be used to recognise patterns for precise cutting on printed materials.
Preferred file type for cutting; Adobe Illustrator file (.ai), otherwise a .dxf, .dwg or .eps
Files provided should adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Are scaled to cut size (1:1) and include a 100mm square (as scales of drawings can alter moving them from program to program and it is helpful to have at least one measurement).
2. Please ensure that CUT lines are in RED; SCRIBED/ETCH Lines in GREEN and TEXT/JPG/FILLS are in BLACK.
3. Separate files for different materials and thicknesses.
4. The pieces that require cutting should be laid out on the material sizes supplied.
5. Files should be checked for lines-beneath-lines as the laser will cut them and this can increase the quote and possibly spoil the finished pieces.
Please include a reference to the size of the design to ensure the scale is correct
*Preferred file type for rastering: .jpg
For further information/ to request a quote please telephone the Metropolitan Works Bureau on 020 7320 1878 or email firstname.lastname@example.org